Friday, September 7, 2012

{Playing Through Autumn Day 2} Books We Love: Fabulous Fall Board Books

The first thing I do when introducing L to a new experience is grab a boat load of books on the topic and board books are a no fail in our house - they are the perfect size and sturdiness for traveling with us everywhere we go. I began sprinkling autumn books into L's baskets and onto her shelves over Labor Day weekend, and of course, the first books I grabbed were from our autumn board book collection. I'll continue adding a few more every couple of days for the next several weeks. Nothing warms up a chilly autumn night like a cozy story with the family!


Fall: A Bright Baby Touch and Feel Book


I Love Fall!
Written by Alison Inches & Illustrated by Hiroe Nakata


Leaves
Written & Illustrated by David Ezra Stein


The Busy Little Squirrel
Written & Illustrated by Nancy Tafuri


Welcome Fall
Written by Jill Ackerman & Illustrated by Nancy Davis


Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin
Written & Illustrated by Tad Hills


In My Tree
Written by Sara Gillingham & Illustrated by Lorena Siminovich


Did I miss anything magnificent? Leave your favorite off the list? Please let me know because I hate the thought of missing out on wonderful books! Be sure to stay tuned in during the coming weeks for more awesome autumn book recommendations. Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Fun!!! I love Autumn! I;ll have to look for some of these books to share with my lil' ones.
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington. It has great images that I think can lead to many activities as my son gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic collection of books! We love "Leaves". I love the idea of filling all the book baskets with seasonal books. Thank you for linking up to The Sunday Showcase. I

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great selection of books. i featured this on The Sunday Showcase http://www.herecomethegirlsblog.com/2012/09/15/the-sunday-showcase-autumn-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete